fredag 28 oktober 2011

Elvis - october 28

1955

Elvis performed in "The Curtis Gordon`s Ranch Club" Mobile, Alabama.

1956

Elvis attended a rehearsal for the show to unveil a big cut-out of him on the top of the Times Square Paramount Theater promoting the premiere of Love Me Tender.
He also gave a press conference, which he handled in a "polite, personable,
quick-witted and charming" manner. About his influence on teenagers Elvis stated:
" My Bible tells me that what he sows he will also reap, and if I'm sowing evil and wickedness it will catch up with me. If I did think I was bad for people, I would go back to driving a truck, and I really mean this". Elvis got inoculated with the new polio vaccine as part of a public service announcement for the March of Dimes. At the Maxine elliot Theater, West Thirty-ninth Street, at 8.00 p.m. Elvis sung Don't Be Cruel, Love Me, Love Me Tender and Hound Dog.
This was his second appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show.





1957

Elvis performed at the Pan Pacific Auditorium, Los Angeles, California and outraged not only the press, but also an audience filled with Hollywood celebrities and their children. The headlines declared: Elvis Presley Will Have to Clean Up His Show Or Go To Jail. Even the Colonel was warned about consequences, but Elvis remained unfazed. He just said: "if I don't dance tonight, maybe I don't have to take a shower tonight". Elvis wrote a letter to Anita Wood, describing himself as "a little lonely boy 5000 miles away". Obviously very home sick Elvis continued: " one in fact who would never love anyone in his life as he loved her and who looks forward to their marriage and a little Elvis ".






1976

Since Elvis would return home any time from his 7th tour, the RCA recording truck was parked behind Graceland.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar